First published at Kirtland in 1835, the Book of Doctrine and Covenants is one of the “Three Standard Books” of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The title page of recent editions includes these words: “Carefully selected from the revelations of God, and given in the order of their dates.”
The RLDS Church first published the Doctrine and Covenants in 1864, and many new printings have been made since then. In 1970 the World Conference decided that several sections which were not revelations of God should be placed in an appendix. The 1990 World Conference completely removed the appendix, so later printings do not include Sections 107, 109, 110, 113, and 123.
The book is produced with hardback, paper, and leather covers, and in a large-print edition. A replica of the 1835 edition is also available.