6 Books That Most Saints Don’t Know Exist—Part 3
• Boyd, Theo E., Poetic Reflections from the Dust, 1979, hard, 126 pages $5.00
Poetic statements from each of the books of the Book of Mormon. These are not la-di-da poems in rhyme but quotations from the ancient American Scriptures that have lyrical qualities about them.
• Cheville, Roy A., Joseph and Emma, Companions, 1977, hard, 206 pages $10.00
This is a study of a relationship that was faced with unusual demands. It is not a romantic novel. It is about faith and love for God and one’s companion. The book traces their lives apart and together. One chapter is “Monogamy vs. Polygamy.” The book ends with a list of 100 events in the background and lives of Joseph and Emma Smith.
• Fountain, Janice Norris, Where Is the Promise of His Coming? (Book 2‑‑The Feast Days of Israel), 1995, soft, 344 pages $10.00
This is an enlarged and expanded book based on Jan Fountain’s 1991 book with the same title. [Which is available for $5.00.] This book contains evidence that Jesus Christ is the long-awaited Messiah of the Jews. They had been rehearsing His coming for centuries through their feasts. The first four feasts were prophecies fulfilled by Christ’s first appearance. His second coming should follow the pattern of the last three feasts.
• Garnier, Jack W., Images & Impressions, 1988, hard, 64 8.5x11" pages $10.00
An artist for the RLDS Church for several decades, Jack Garnier has produced a book of art showing several of the familiar events and places relating to the Restoration. There are 31 full-color paintings, plus many sketches and scenes in black and white.
• Henderson, John and Lilli, Keys to the Hidden Mysteries, 1992, private, soft, 414 pages $12.00
Because the clear and simple gospel of Jesus Christ has been twisted and distorted, mankind has found it difficult to understand and apply it to life. Using the Bible and Book of Mormon, this book can help readers find the keys to the mysteries of life, death, and life beyond death. [Note: This is the first of a series of five books by the authors.]
• Howard, Richard P, Restoration Scriptures, 1969, hard, 278 pages $5.00
This is a study of the development of the Book of Mormon, Inspired Version of the Bible, and Book of Doctrine and Covenants. It traces the original manuscript materials and the historical context in which they became the Scriptures that we use today.
6 Books That Most Saints Don’t Know Exist—Part 2
• Launius, Roger D., Zion’s Camp, 1984, soft, 206 pages $5.00
An account of a little-known incident in Church history, filled with tragedy, heroism, touches of irony, and not a little humor. Fascinating reading for Church history scholars or for those who like an interesting story.
• Holik, Norma Anne, Prophecy and Today, 1978, soft, 8.5x11, 704 pages $10.00
This book is the size of an old Kansas City phone directory. A list of the 57 lessons includes “What Is Prophecy,” “Daniel,” “Signs of the Times,” “The Seals,” “The Sixth Angel,” “The Antichrist,” “World War III,” “The Millennium,” “Eternity,” and lots in between.
• Yale, Alfred H., My Friend Paul, 1986, soft, 135 pages $5.00
This is a novel by the author of “Life and Letters of Paul.” He wanted to share his love and respect for Paul, his friend. No one pushed Paul around. Only God was able to change the course of his life.
• Renfroe, Z. Z., Sent Forth to Witness, 1977, private, hard, 440 pages $10.00
Renfroe, Z. Z., Sent Forth to Witness, 1977, private, soft, 440 pages $8.00
The first 6 chapters are autobiographic, beginning with “From Baseball Field to Mission Field.” The remaining 23 chapters are sermons by Zenas Zephry Renfroe.
• DeLapp, Ardyce, Stories That Teach, 1972, hard, 288 pages $5.00
This is a collection of entertaining, informative stories for children 3 to 5 years old. Both reader and child will be led to worship. The stories explore God’s world and help the child know the Lord as a companion and friend.
• Christianson, James A., Zion in Our Times, private, 1980, soft, 163 pages $12.00
This is a book for every person who has prayed with fervor, “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is done in heaven.” Chapters include “The Concept of Zion,” “Zion and Today,” “Keeping Commandments vs. Agency,” “The Law of the Celestial Kingdom,” and “On Being Perfect.”
A 20% discount is given on these and all other used books (offer good through 12-31-18). Go to Oldbookman.us to see lists of RLDS books and make your selection. E-mail to PaulVLudy@gmail.com or call Paul at 816-210-8450 for information or to order.
6 Books That Most Saints Don’t Know Exist—Part 1
• Edwards, F. Henry, Missionary Sermon Studies, 1949, hard, 392 pages $5.00
Foundational materials for 50 sermons on a variety of doctrinal themes. Contains scriptural references and illustrations for building sermons.
• Hanson, Paul M., Jesus Christ among the Ancient Americans, 1945, 1947, 1959, hard $10.00
A collection of information and photos from archeaology regarding the Book of Mormon. Chapters describe Aztecs, Toltecs, Mayas, Incas, Quetzalcoatl.
• Hiles, Norma Derry, Gentle Monarch: The Presidency of Israel A. Smith, 1991, soft, 198 pages $5.00
The biography of the prophet of the Church from 1946 to 1958. Complete with many personal testimonies and notes.
• Holm, Francis W., The Mormon Churches‑‑A Comparison from Within, 1970, hard, 238 pages $8.00
A look at the LDS and RLDS Churches. The 29 chapters cover major differences. The author was LDS in his early years and RLDS from age 20.
• Pico, Catherine T., and Charlotte J. Elam, Inspired Hymns Restored, 1970, Spiral, 95 pages, $5.00
A collection of hymns from several hymnals including Saints’ Harp and Saints’ Hymnal.
This work was started by Priest Joseph Alexander Ferris.
• Wolf, John H., Forest of Priests and Prophets, 2005, soft, 381 pages, $10.00
A study of the Book of Mormon with a historical approach. Can history and spirituality rise up out of a Mesoamerican jungle rainforest setting? With notes and index.
A 20% discount is given on these and all other used books (offer good through 12-31-18). Go to: Oldbookman.us to see lists of RLDS books and make your selection. E-mail or call Paul at 816-210-8450 for information or to order.
INVENTORY REDUCTION SALE
USED RLDS BOOKS
Now Through December 31, 2018
ALL USED BOOKS IN STOCK
1. Go to Oldbookman.us to see an alphabetized list of all RLDS books with short descriptions and prices. Scan the list to find what you would like.
2. E-mail to Oldbookman.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul at 816 210-8450 to see if the books are available.
3. Place your order via e-mail or phone. Be sure to include your address and your phone number just in case there is a question about the order.
4. Your order will be shipped with an invoice and envelope for your payment. When your books arrive, write your check and mail it to Paul V. Ludy & Associates.
NOTE 1: This sale does not include new books, but you can still order them at the regular prices.
NOTE 2: “Oldbookman Cash” will not be given for sale books, but you can still apply “Oldbookman Cash” that you have toward payment of the sale books.