6 Books That Most Saints Don’t Know Exist
• Jordan, Doris N., Strength for the Journey, private, 1996, soft, 438 pages $5.00 Strength for the journey comes from many sources. Not only do we gain strength from the Word of God but also from experiences we share with those around us on our walk with the Lord. Doris wrote: “For many years I had given voice to the desire to write a book about all the good things the Lord has done in my life.” This is that book.
• Launius, Roger D., Father Figure: Joseph Smith III and the Creation of the Reorganized Church, 1990, soft, 216 pages $5.00 This book, rather than a full biography of Joseph Smith III, is an extended essay on his method of leadership. He charted a cautious, practical, and basically moderate course—an appropriate action for the time—for the Reorganized Church.
• Pratt, Parley P., A Voice of Warning and Instruction to All People, 1948 and 1950, soft, 140 pages. $5.00 “This work is intended as a warning voice or proclamation of truth to all people into whose hands it may fall, that they may understand and be prepared for the great day of the Lord. Opinion and guesswork in the things of God are worse than useless; facts well documented can alone be of service to mankind.”
• Sarre, Winifred Turner, If With All Your Heart, 1969, hard, 264 pages $5.00 This is a novel about Helen, a young widow from Australia, who develops a friendship with a missionary family. She is involved in a relationship that is contrary to Christian standards (the life situation of many people), but she continues to search for a meaningful life.
• Starks, Arthur, Combined Concordances for the Scriptures, 1974, hard, 970+ pages $25.00 This thick book contains the Concordance Supplement for the Inspired Version, Complete Concordance to the Book of Mormon, and Complete Concordance to the Doctrine and Covenants. It is not a complete Bible concordance (you still need Cruden’s or Strong’s concordance, etc.). And entries for each of the 3 books are separated; they are not merged together.
• Weldon, Roy E., and F. Edward Butterworth, Criticisms of the Book of Mormon Answered, private, 1973, soft, 8.5x11", 65 pages $4.00 This booklet contains vital evidence from students of history, anthropology, and archaeology which give clear answers to inquiries regarding the Book of Mormon. Answers are given to 79 questions which are presented as criticism for the Book of Mormon. Note: Roy Weldon was a prolific writer. Copies of about a dozen of his books and booklets are available.
A 20% discount is given on these and all other used books (offer good through 12-31-18). Go to Oldbookman.us to see lists of RLDS books and make your selection. E-mail to PaulVLudy@gmail.com or call Paul at 816 210-8450 for information or to order.
You may also enjoy going to Newbookman.blogspot.com to see a variety of NEW RLDS BOOKS with the option to preview pages of many of them.
• Edwards, F. Henry, Missionary Sermon Studies, 1949, hard, 392 pages $5.00
Foundational materials for 50 sermons on a variety of doctrinal themes. Contains scriptural references and illustrations for building sermons.
• Hanson, Paul M., Jesus Christ among the Ancient Americans, 1945, 1947, 1959, hard $10.00
A collection of information and photos from archeaology regarding the Book of Mormon. Chapters describe Aztecs, Toltecs, Mayas, Incas, Quetzalcoatl.
• Hiles, Norma Derry, Gentle Monarch: The Presidency of Israel A. Smith, 1991, soft, 198 pages $5.00
The biography of the prophet of the Church from 1946 to 1958. Complete with many personal testimonies and notes.
• Holm, Francis W., The Mormon Churches‑‑A Comparison from Within, 1970, hard, 238 pages $8.00
A look at the LDS and RLDS Churches. The 29 chapters cover major differences. The author was LDS in his early years and RLDS from age 20.
• Pico, Catherine T., and Charlotte J. Elam, Inspired Hymns Restored, 1970, Spiral, 95 pages, $5.00
A collection of hymns from several hymnals including Saints’ Harp and Saints’ Hymnal.
This work was started by Priest Joseph Alexander Ferris.
• Wolf, John H., Forest of Priests and Prophets, 2005, soft, 381 pages, $10.00
A study of the Book of Mormon with a historical approach. Can history and spirituality rise up out of a Mesoamerican jungle rainforest setting? With notes and index.
A 20% discount is given on these and all other used books (offer good through 12-31-18). Go to: Oldbookman.us to see lists of RLDS books and make your selection. E-mail or call Paul at 816-210-8450 for information or to order.